Technical debt is debt that businesses eventually must pay with time, money, and resources, typically for choosing speed over quality. This happens because sometimes solutions are launched to market faster than the ability of IT to fully grasp the requirement and deploy the right strategy to answer the demand.
The result is hastily deployed solutions that do not deliver necessarily deliver the desired outcome and may because of rethinking and re-architecting cost more to build the second, or third or more, time around.
How does a CIO eliminate the costs of technical debt while preserving the innovation required for digital transformation? This whitepaper offers five steps for overcoming technical debt:
- Fix the way you integrate applications and data
- Manage your business data and institute data governance
- Create data hubs that provide a complete view of customers, products, and other key business areas
- Share data with critical stakeholders, including partners
- Create workflows that streamline processes