Let’s be clear: no one is throwing away their decades-old legacy applications regardless of whether they are going digital or are digital? Some of the most digital-friendly banks, for example, have in the backoffice millions of lines of legacy code running many of their mission-critical business processes.
Still, FutureCIO gets asked and asks: how much are aging legacy systems and applications hampering your ability to deliver innovative products and services?
Numerous reports say that for most organizations, it could be as much as 90 percent. Meanwhile, the solutions for addressing “legacy gridlock” are many and varied, leaving you with more questions than answers:
- Do I replace or refactor?
- Do I rebuild altogether or should I buy commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software?
- Should I incorporate a new services-oriented architecture (SOA)?
- What are containers and how do they help get software to market faster and better?
- I’ve heard about low-code, but what is it, and is it an option for my company?
This OutSystems eBook, “Legacy Modernization: Finding Your Way With Low-Code,” takes on these questions, providing clear direction for leaving legacy system nightmares behind. It offers a practical way forward with low-code that you don’t want to miss.