“There are two major disruptions today for customers: the opportunity of AI and the threat of ransomware,” said Harv Bhela, chief product officer at NetApp. “Today, NetApp unveiled innovations that make the AI data pipeline simple to deploy as well as scalable and performant across your hybrid multi-cloud data estate – while protecting that same data from ever-increasing threats. These solutions position us at the forefront of creating successful business AI outcomes for our customers.”
Multiple portfolio updates
1. NetApp adds AFF C-Series with capacity flash to the ONTAP AI architecture to make it more cost-effective and sustainable.
“Enterprises that want to tap into the power of generative AI need a platform that can deliver fully customized models leveraging the immense corpus of their business data, tailored to their unique vocabulary, intellectual property, and industry,” said Charlie Boyle, vice president, DGX platform at NVIDIA.
2. NetApp builds a true hybrid multi-cloud experience by building AI data pipelines that integrate into all three major public clouds.
3. Google Cloud’s Vertex AI is now supported with Google Cloud NetApp Volumes for hybrid Generative AI applications.
4. NetApp extended its Ransomware Recovery Guarantee to be available for all on-premises NetApp ONTAP-based storage systems, ensuring snapshot data recovery in the event of a ransomware attack. Failure of data recovery through NetApp or one of its partners will guarantee compensation from the company following applied terms and conditions.
5. Through its Ransomware Assurance Service, NetApp ensures protection against ransomware attacks, validates configuration for secured data snapshots, and conducts recovery tests.