IBM plans new generative AI foundation models and enhancements coming to its AI and data platform, watsonx. Included in the advancements are new IBM and third-party generative AI models, upgraded watsonx.ai capabilities, AI assistants, and innovations across its hybrid cloud software and infrastructure products.
New IBM and third-party generative AI models
• Granite series models: a collection of generative AI models to advance the infusion of generative AI into business applications and workflows.
• Third-party models: Meta's Llama 2-chat 70 billion parameter model and the StarCoder LLM for code generation in watsonx.ai on IBM Cloud.
New watsonx.ai capabilities
• Synthetic data generator: assists users in creating artificial tabular data sets from custom data schemas or internal data sets.
• Generative AI: IBM plans to infuse watsonx.ai generative AI capabilities in watsonx.data
"IBM is collaborating with clients across ASEAN countries to help them scale AI in a trustworthy way. This covers the entire spectrum from training, validating, tuning and deploying both traditional machine learning and new generative AI capabilities powered by foundation models, to data repository and managing enterprise-wide governance processes and control risk,” said Agnes Heftberger, GM & Technology Leader, IBM ASEANZK.
• Application modernisation: IBM watsonx Code Assistant products will use customised foundation models to transform code and generate code recommendations for developers.
• Customer care: IBM watsonx Assistant helps provide more efficient customer service solutions with conversational AI.
• HR & Talent: IBM watsonx Orchestrate helps HR professionals automate repetitive, high-friction tasks and back-office processes
Hybrid cloud software and infrastructure product innovations
• Intelligent IT automation: assists IT Ops practitioners with summarisation of incident details, and provides workflow suggestions for engineers to quickly implement solutions.